As responsible stewards of public funds, CHCS competitively bids many of its purchases. By policy, CHCS must competitively source its goods and services when the estimated value exceeds $2,000 and must post the bidding opportunity to our website when the value exceeds $5,000.
As described in our procurement policy, our basic tenets in vendor selection include:
- Local Preference: CHCS seeks to do business with companies located within Chattahoochee Hills and Palmetto.
- Strategic Preference: CHCS seeks to do business with companies that have the potential to provide long term value to the school.
- Past Performance: CHCS seeks to do business with companies that have a strong track record of strong performance with the school over companies with weak or limited experience.
- CHCS prefers companies with no track record of performance over those that have a history of weak performance.
If you're interested in working with CHCS, please contact our Executive Director, Chester Asher (email@example.com) to be included on invitations for future bidding opportunities.
Point of Sale System for School Nutrition, Field Trips, and After-School Activities
Posting Date: 5/10/2017
Questions Due: 5/18/2017 @ 5:00PM (via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Answers Provided: 5/23/2017 @ 5:00PM
Proposals Due: 5/31/2017 @ 4:00PM
School Nutrition Program for SY17/18 (3rd Issuance)
Posting Date: 6/19/2017
Mandatory Pre-Proposal Meeting: 6/26/2017 @ 1:00PM, on the CHCS Campus
Questions Due: 6/27/2017 @ 5:00PM (via e-mail to email@example.com)
Answers Provided: 6/29/2017 @ 5:00PM
Proposals Due: 7/12/2017 @ 4:00PM
Proposal Opening: 7/13/2017 @ 8:00AM
RFP Link: HERE
Addendum Link #1: HERE
POINT OF SALE SYSTEM FOR FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES
The Chattahoochee Hills Charter School (CHCS) is seeking proposals for a Point of Sale system for the CHCS school breakfast, lunch, and snack program. The vendor is to provide reliable meal accountability hardware, and point of sale software. Compatible modules must include online prepayment software, USDA approved Free and Reduced Price Meals Application, and Menu analysis software.
All software and modules must comply with current USDA regulations. CHCS is self operated. It currently has a point of sales system with some hardware (PIN pad, Barcode scanner) we would like to use with the new system (if it will respond to your software).
All bids must be submitted via email: to Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org, or by a seal envelope clearly marked "BID DOCUMENT – POINT OF SALE SYSTEM – DO NOT OPEN."
If mailed, sealed bids should be mailed to:
Chattahoochee Hills Charter School
9670 Rivertown Rd
Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30213
- The submission deadline (via e-mail or mail) is May 31, 2017 at 4:00PM Eastern.
- All vendors must submit accurate and updated information to CHCS.
- Proposals shall be submitted along with any additional required documentation as may be stated in the above listing via a Sealed Envelope, or email to the above listed personnel showing Proposal Name & Due date/ Time, and name of bidder.
- Late proposals (after 4:00pm May 31st, 2017) will not be accepted.
- Faxed information will NOT be accepted.
- All proposed items received must guarantee that item(s) meet or exceed attached specifications.
- Pictures, descriptions, and specifications must accompany all submissions. Any submission not including this information may not be considered.
- All requested items shall be the kind specified, new and shall be in undamaged condition when turned over to the owner.
- Any reference to manufacturers, suppliers, catalog numbers etc. is intended only to set quality standards and does not exclude vendor replies from others as long as quality standards are met. It is the intent not to accept a lesser quality than is set forth in the specifications. The manufacturer’s specifications shall prevail if written in detail.
- Proposal must include all contract terms and conditions that apply, including start-up cost, software and hardware cost, technical support terms and conditions, how much it is to renew and use again the next school year if the SFA moves forward with the program.
Feature Requirements and CHCS Details
- 2017/2018 School Year Enrollment: 520
- Student Population: Grades K – 8, Elementary and Middle – Same campus, one kitchen/cafeteria
- Only 1 POS terminal is needed. More may be needed if the campus grows, so CHCS would like a quote for an POS terminal.
- PIN pad and Barcode capabilities needed. CHCS currently has a PIN pad and barcode scanner that we would like to reuse.
- The kitchen/cafeteria is cashless, so no cash drawer is needed. A credit card swipe would be preferred for office use for parents to make in the front office. Payment is not intended to be taken in the kitchen/ cafeteria.
- SFA personnel must be able to use software on and off of campus, if needed.
- CHCS wants the ability to have pre-ordering software for parents to use to order meals, morning and aftercare services, field trip payments etc.
- Software MUST be able to separate financial reports by functional/activity area (school nutrition, field trips, after school program).
- A student's parent should see their meal-related balances separately from field trip or after school program balance.
- Reporting should break down the activities into categories, but still have the capability to run separately.
- The pre-ordering feature must be able to have an order cut-off feature for school nutrition orders to give our food vendor time to order for meals appropriately.
School Nutrition RFP
Due to the complex nature of proposal submission requirements, the RFP is provided as a Word Document, via the link below.